Top Event Engadin
IBSF Junior World Championships: Bobsleigh & Skeleton
As far back as 1888, the press reported on a new kind of racing vehicle: two toboggans connected together and equipped with a steering mechanism. Soon, the bobsleigh became the darling of St. Moritz´s sports-loving British guests, who refined the new contraption as a multi-seat toboggan with an iron garden rake as a brake. Today, this challenging track with the notorious Horseshoe Bend is the oldest bobsleigh run in the world, and the only natural-ice track to host international races. Over the course of its 116-year history, it has served as a race venue for two Winter Olympics, Youth Olympic Games and 24 World Championships - as well as the BMW IBSF Word Cup races.
- Bobsleigh-Training: 18 + 20 January 2021, from 9:00am
- Skeleton-Training: 19 + 21 January 2021, from 9:00am
- Race 2men bobsleigh women: Friday, 22 January 2021, 9:00am
- Race 2men bobsleigh men: Friday, 22 January 2021, 1:30pm
- Race Skeleton women: Saturday, 23 January 2021, 9:00am
- Race Skeleton men: Saturday, 23 January 2021, 1:30pm
- Race 4men bobsleigh: Sunday, 24 January 2021, 9:00am
All information is provided without guarantee and is subject to changes. Up-to-date information is available at www.olympia-bobrun.ch.
Race days (Friday to Sunday): Former bobsleigh champion Martin Annen with his Horseshoe Crew will serve in the Horse-Shoe corner.
Copyright photo: Viesturs Lacis